Messianic Jews Tell their Own Stories
of Coming to
All have come to see Yeshua is the same Messiah of the Jewish Torah
(Jesus) is the Messiah; the son of David; born in
Bethlehem of Judah. He is: Mashiach ben
Adonai Yeshua Ha Mashiach.
In Torah, Proverbs 30-4 says, and what is His
Son's name, if thou canst tell?
Baruch Haba B'Shem
Blessed is He who comes in in the Name of the Lord
Look to the
book of Daniel, 24th verse of the ninth chapter to see
that the Messiah should have come exactly 69 sabbatical
years from the edict permitting the Israelites to return
from their Babylon exile to rebuild Jerusalem and the
temple until the Messiah would appear as their Prince.
listen to the "small voice of truth" within you about the
Genesis 1:26 (4000
B.C.): "And God said, Let us
make man in our image.."
Proverbs 30:4 (700
B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
descended? Who hath gathered the wind in His fists? Who
hath bound the waters in a garment? Who hath established
all the ends of the Earth? What is His name,
is His son's name, if thou canst tell?"
(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve
the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the
way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are
all they that put their trust in him.
Isaiah 53 3-6 (712 B.C.):
"He is despised and rejected by men, a man
of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it
were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did
not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs and
carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for
our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities;
the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His
stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone
astray; we have turned, every one to his own way; and
the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."
They remain fully Jewish, but they have come home to the Lord Yeshua
See 8 min 55sec Video of Messianic Jews in
|What One Rabbi Discovered
In a small town in eastern Hungary, young Leopold Cohn lost both of his
parents at the age of seven. His life became a struggle for existence,
and he learned to trust in God with all of his heart. At 13 he decided
to study to become a rabbi, and when he graduated from the Talmudic
academies at 18, he had earned a record of high scholarship. He finished
his formal studies, received smikha or ordination, and became happily
married. Devoting himself to further research of the sacred writings and
to earnest prayer, he sought to find the solution for the sufferings of
his people and Messiah's long delay.
Every morning he repeated
the 12th article of the Jewish creed: "I believe with a perfect faith in
the coming of the Messiah, and though he tarry, yet will I wait daily
for his coming." Rabbi Cohn's inner hunger grew. He mourned often over
the temple's destruction and prayed for the coming of the Deliverer. A
passage in the Talmud seemed to indicate that the Messiah should have
come long ago and, with mounting frustration, the rabbi decided to study
the Prophets' predictions.
Reading in the book of
Daniel, he learned from the 24th verse of the ninth chapter that the
Messiah should have come 400 years after Daniel received the prophecy of
the Seven Weeks. The rabbi saw that the Talmud differed from the Holy
Scriptures on this vital matter, and he began to question the
reliability of the Talmud. Troubled, he faced the question of whether to
believe God's Word or ignore the truth. He prayed for the Lord to open
When he disclosed his
discoveries publicly, the rabbi found himself the object of such
hostility that his ministry became impossible. He left for America,
seeking the freedom to continue his investigations. Soon after his
arrival in New York in the spring of 1892, Rabbi Cohn met a group of
Jews who believed that the Messiah had already come. The first of these
with whom he discussed his search was a trained Talmudist who belonged
to a famous rabbinical family. This man gave Rabbi Cohn a copy of the
New Testament Scriptures in Hebrew. Opening it to the beginning, Rabbi
Cohn read from the Gospel of Matthew, "This is the book of the
generation of Y'shua the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham."
It was a momentous day. He
read the book for some 13 hours and later wrote his reflections: "I
could at least see that the Messiah's name was Y'shua, that he was born
in Bethlehem of Judah, that He had lived in Jerusalem and communicated
with my people, and that he came just at the time predicted in the
prophecy of Daniel."
Though he was filled with
joy, the rabbi's conflict was not over. He despaired at the thought that
Y'shua the Messiah, the son of David, was the same Jesus whom the
gentiles worshipped. But the Holy Scriptures continued to give him
light. He read over and over the 53rd chapter of the prophet Isaiah, who
spoke of the suffering Messiah. A small voice inside kept telling him
that if this Jesus was indeed the Messiah predicted by the Prophets,
then he must follow him, no matter what others had done in his name.
He decided to fast and
pray, asking God to clearly reveal the truth to him. He was holding the
Hebrew Scriptures as he began to pray. The book fell to the floor, and
when he bent to pick it up, he saw that it had fallen open to the third
chapter of the book of the prophet Malachi, which begins, "Behold I send
my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom
ye seek shall suddenly come to his temple, even the Angel of the
Covenant whom ye delight in: behold he has already come, saith the Lord
Rabbi Cohn was filled with
awe and felt the presence of the Messiah pointing to the words, "He has
already come." He prayed, "My Lord, my Messiah Y'shua. Thou art the one
in whom Israel is to be glorified, and Thou art surely the one who hast
reconciled Thy people unto God. from this day on I will serve Thee no
matter what the cost."
It was as if a flood of
light had filled his understanding. It was no longer difficult to love
his Lord, even though he was sure now that it was Jesus to whom he was
talking. The following years were filled with struggle as Rabbi Cohn
proclaimed to all he knew that the rejected Jesus was the true Messiah
of Israel, and that not until the Jews as a people accepted Y'shua could
they find peace with God. But his rejection by his own people could
never diminish Rabbi Cohn's love for the Lord nor erase the truth that
the Messiah had indeed come in the person of Y'shua, who, as predicted
by the Prophets, had been rejected by his own people and had died and
lived again, and who held the secret of Israel's salvation.
- My Life Story
- by Evangelist Louis Kaplan
I was born of Russian
Jewish parentage in New York City where approximately two and a half
million Jews live. I attended Hebrew school (Chader) at
age and was later made "Bar Mitzvah" -- "A Son of the Law" -- at the age
of thirteen, according to the laws of Judaism. We were taught by the
Rabbis to observe rituals, ceremonies and Jewish traditions more than
the teachings of the "T'nach" -- the Law and the Prophets. What Jesus
described in His day is still true and also characteristic of many
Christian churches: "These people draw nigh unto me with their mouths
and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. But in
vain they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men,"
I rebelled against the
dull, monotonous, repetitious teachings of the Talmud, which did not
satisfy the inner man and bring peace to the guilty conscience. At an
early age, I decided to run away from home to see the world and seek
adventure. I roamed all over the United States doing odd jobs, working
on farms, and on construction projects.
One day while working in a
packing house in Florida, I became acquainted with a real Christian upon
whom God put the burden of prayer for the salvation of my soul. He
testified to me concerning the claims of Christ as my Messiah. This
young man, from the very day he saw me, was impressed by God to go home
and intercede in prayer before the Throne of Grace for my salvation. Of
course, I simply ignored his testimony about Christ being Savior of the
world, for as a Jew, I had been brought up to regard Jesus as just a
good man, one of the greatest philosophers of His day, but certainly not
the Divine Son of God -- but rather the illegitimate offspring of Mary.
Besides. I had been brought up to believe that all Gentiles were
Christians, and that they had murdered and massacred, hated, despised,
abused and ill-treated the Jews for centuries. The Cross --to me -- was
a symbol of brutality, murder, oppression and hatred. Had not these
so-called Christians murdered thousands of my own people during the
Crusades in Europe and during the Inquisition in Spain?
You see, I did not know
the difference -- at that time--between a Gentile and a Christian. A
Gentile is not a Christian until he accepts Christ as his Savior and
follows in His footstePsalms There cannot be any hatred in his heart,
for God is there -- and God is love! Many Gentiles have been raised up
in a Christian environment, but they have never been regenerated, or
born again by the Spirit of the Living God. Our churches today are full
of professing Christians who have never experienced the transforming
power of Christ in their lives nor felt the joy of sins forgiven. They
have never had a personal contact with Christ as a Redeemer, Deliverer,
and Liberator from the power of sin.
This young man was very
kind to me and manifested a concern for the welfare of my soul, which no
other person before had done. I do not remember a single word he told me
at that time but I do remember the LOVE OF GOD he demonstrated, which
touched my heart and set me thinking about the Christ he worshipped.
This young Christian left
Florida shortly afterwards and I did not meet him again until fourteen
years later. While I was conducting an evangelistic campaign in one of
the churches in South Carolina, he came to my meeting and made his
identity known. He is now pastoring one of the Assembly of God churches
in the South.
One night, having learned
that the Nazarenes were conducting a revival meeting in town, I attended
one of the services just for curiosity -- however, I was also hungering
for the precious something that this young man had in his heart which I
did not have. The Spirit of God began to move upon me, as the preacher
ministered under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, and I came to the
realization that this was what my poor soul thirsted after. But how
could I, a Jew, embrace a Gentile religion? (for that is what I thought
After the service, I
hesitantly approached the minister and asked him privately if a Jew
could be saved? He replied: "Salvation is of the Jews, and Peter and
Paul and the prophets were all Jews." I was astonished at that time to
know that Christianity sprang from Judaism and that the first Christians
I shall never forget that
night as long as I live! I ran as fast as I could to the farmhouse which
was now my home. A group of Christians were conducting a prayer meeting
there and I opened the door, went in and knelt down along with them with
my head bowed low in repentance, feeling the guilt and condemnation of
sin. Suddenly, I raised my hands toward heaven as the Spirit of God came
upon me. I cried out from the depths of my soul for Christ to save and
reveal Himself to me. As I was weeping and repenting of my sins, the
Spirit of God came in and I was marvelously saved, and made a new
creature in Christ. The whole world looked different: the sun seemed to
shine brighter, the birds sang sweeter, the trees and flowers were more
beautiful than ever. Oh, the love of God that just flooded my soul like
a river! The peace, the quietness that comes with the joy of sins
forgiven! Praise His name! from then on, I began to love the Gentiles,
for God had broken down the middle wall of partition between us, and
made us one in Him.
"For he is our peace, who
has made both one and hath broken down the middle wall of partition
between us; having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of
commandment contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one
new man; so making peace: And that he might reconcile BOTH unto God in
one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby," (Ephesians
from the foregoing
Scriptures we see that the church of God would not be the Jewish nation,
nor would it be the Gentile nations, but JEWS AND GENTILES made one in
Christ, thus establishing a New Nation, a Holy Nation; "That the
Gentiles should be fellow-heirs and of the same body and partakers of
his pRomansise in Christ by the Gospel,"(Ephesians 3:6).
At that time, I had been
away from home for several years, and after my marvelous experience, I
immediately made plans to return to my parents in New York and testify
to them that Jesus Christ was our Messiah and that I had found Him. When
I arrived in New York, I little knew of the persecutions I would have to
My parents were glad to
see me again until I commenced to tell them of the wonderful Savior and
the change that had come to my life. They were horrified, stunned, and
shocked. This was too much for them to bear, for thev thought that I had
disgraced and humiliated them and had left the God of their fathers for
the false gods of the Gentiles. They even considered sending me to the
nearest hospital for observation, thinking that my mental faculties had
become impaired during my long absence from home.
Finally, after much
persuasion and threatening, they decided it would eventually wear off
and that I would forget about Jesus. But, thanks be to our wonderful
God, I am still saved and Jesus is more precious to me than ever!
Glory to God! In spite of all the persecution and severe testing and
trial I have gone through these years, God has enabled me to be faithful
and hold fast to that which I have received.
After seeing that I was
not to be shaken, neither would I deviate, or recant in any way from my
testimony that Jesus was the Messiah, one night at 12 o'clock midnight,
my father, who was enraged at my refusal to relinquish this so-called
Gentile religion, ordered me out of the house and told me never to
At that time, I was only
19 years of age and did not have any money at all -- for it was in the
period of the depression years. I was poverty-stricken, alone, homeless,
and did not know where to go that night. Oh, how black and dark it was
as I packed my handful of meager belongings and left my home in that
great cold, unfriendly, calloused city!
Satan began to taunt and
tantalize and tell me that I was in trouble now because I had become
hoodwinked, blind-folded, and deceived by what I had experienced, and
that it must have been just a delusion -- a thing of the imagination.
You see -- Jewish people really must pay a terrific price when they
accept Christ; that is why there are secret Jewish believers in the
United States who know that Jesus is the Messiah, but dare not make a
public confession for fear of being put out of the synagogues, as in the
time of Christ.
Satan told me my troubles
would be over if I would only return home and recant; but praise our
God, there had been such a pronounced and drastic change in my life that
I would have had to deliberately shut my eyes to the truth that had been
unfolded if I were to deny my Savior and Lord. "And ye shall know the
truth, and the truth shall make you free." The veil had been lifted from
my eyes and I had been translated from the kingdom of darkness into His
Through that night of
trial, the Spirit of God suddenly flashed these words of comfort and
exhortation to me which have carried me through these many years: "When
my mother and father forsake me, then the Lord will take me up." I shall
never forget the joy and the peace that filled my soul as God spoke to
me through His precious Word.
That night I slept in the
city subway because I had no place else to go. The next evening I
attended a Full Gospel church located in Jamaica, New York, and gave my
testimony, telling the Christians there of the stand I had taken for
Christ. They were very sympathetic and kind and counseled me to be
faithful and steadfast. A dear, precious Mother-in-Israel, about 71
years of age at that time, told me that God had put it on her heart to
take me into her home and give me a roof over my head. Praising God for
His goodness in providing a place to stay, I went to her home, little
dreaming that what would later take place there would change my entire
This dear Mother-in-Christ
taught me one of the most precious lessons -- which very few Christians
have learned --how to pray and not let go until you have prevailed with
God and received an answer! Many hours of fasting and prayer were spent
at her home as she led me into the deeper truths of God. I have never
forgotten these early days of intercessory prayer, prayers mingled with
perspiration, tears and intense desire to get closer to God and be
baptized with His Holy Spirit.
This dear old woman was
later to reap the benefits of leading this poor Jewish boy into a
greater relationship and communion with Christ through consecration and
complete abandonment to the will of God; for it was a year later that I
launched out into the evangelistic field by faith. One day I received a
letter from this dear woman that she was dying and had angina pectoris,
and wanted her little boy to come and pray for her. I immediately packed
my belongings, took a train, and arrived at her home at midnight. When I
walked through the house to her bed, I saw her lying there gasping for
breath because of this heart ailment, which is sometimes fatal to
persons at that advanced age (she was about 75years of age at that
I knelt down at her
bedside, lifted up my hands to God,and began to intercede in behalf of
her deliverance from this inevitable end. And, thank God, as soon as I
had prayed, the Lord Jesus appeared to her and told her that if she
would get up out of bed, He would heal her! This she immediately did and
was instantly made whole! Glory be to our wonderful God!
After laboring in the
evangelistic field for several years, I was forced to return to secular
work again because of the tire and gasoline conservation program
launched during World War II. I could not get tires and could get very
little gas for my car to keep me in the field as an evangelist. I took a
job managing a real estate office in New York City and became so
successful that I soon opened up my own office and had men working for
me. The money was just pouring in and I became satisfied, smug,
complacent and secure -- but God had called me to preach the Gospel, and
I was not to be engrossed in making money and putting over business
deals while souls went to hell.
The Spirit of the Lord
began to convict me, and I felt the woe hanging over my head, "If I
preach not the Gospel." I became miserable, dissatisfied, unhappy, and
depressed because I was out of the will of God. The most mis erable
place anyone can be is out of God's will. Faith and confidence cannot
operate and prayer is of no avail when there is condemnation in the
heart. The Bible tells us: "If our hearts condemn us not, then have we
confidence towards God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him,
because we keep his commandments and when we do those things that are
pleasing in His sight."
I was very reluctant to
leave this very remunerative business to go back to self-denial,
sacrifice, struggle, and a life of faith. But something happened that
put the fear of God into my heart and stirred me to responsibility as a
preacher of the Gospel: Hitler at that time embarked on his
extermination crusade against the Jews by gas chambers and cremation
furnaces, and the Jews began their world wide exodus and flight to
Palestine from the four corners of the earth. With prophecy being
fulfilled right before my very eyes, I was moved by fear, as Noah was,
to return to the ministry again, realizing that the coming of Christ was
indeed very near. (The Bible tells us that, "By faith, Noah being warned
of God of things not seen as yet, MOVED WITH FEAR.")
The greatest sign,
warning, proof and evidence to the world and to the church of the end of
this age is the restoration and resurrection of the House of Israel
after being entombed in the graves of exile for many centuries. "And it
shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set his hands again
the second time to recover (restore or gather) the remnant of his people
which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and
from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath and from the
islands of the sea. And He shall set up an ensign for the nations, and
shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed
of Judah from the four corners of the earth," (Isaiah 11:11-12).
I sold my business and
launched out again into the ministry and I can truly say that God has
blessed and prospered me and I have been the happiest man in the world
because I am in the center of His Will. The Lord has privileged me to
conduct city-wide evangelistic campaigns in the principal cities of
America, and I have seen thousands come to the altars in my ministry.
Do pray that God may use
me mightily in reaching my own Jewish people with the Gospel, that they
might see Jesus Christ as their own long-awaited Messiah.
"Pray for. the Peace of
Jerusalem, they shall prosper that love Thee."
"My Life Story" was
first published in 1963.
Jewish Voice Ministeries
Consider the Odds
Had to be born in Bethlehem
Had to have been born of a Virgin
Must be from King David's lineage
Attempted murder of Him as a baby
Jeremiah 31:15, 16
He'd be betrayed by a friend
His friend to betray Him for 30 pieces of silver
Zechariah 11:12, 13
His death to be by crucifixion
Psalm 22, Zechariah 12:10,
Clothes gambled for
His bones were to be unbroken
Buried in a rich man's tomb
The day, year, hour of His death
Daniel 9:26, 27; Exodus 12
Resurrection after 3 days
Psalm 16:10, Hosea 6:2
|For Heaven's Sake: A Jewish
by Dr. David Block
The year was 1969. The event
had been advertised on the radio again and again. I arose at four
o'clock in the morning and watched a blazing comet with utter awe, as
its tail stretched across the eastern skies. My love affair with
astronomy had begun.
South African astronomer
Jack Bennett, who discovered the comet and whose name the heavenly
object bore, became my hero. The next day I telephoned him and asked him
rather timidly, "May I meet with you?" To my surprise he said, "Yes, do
come over." And it was really then that the little hidden flame which
had been ignited began burning to understand the cosmos.
Shortly after that my
father bought me a four-and-a-half inch reflector telescope. That was no
little thing for a teenager. With that incredible instrument I could
start to look at planets like Saturn and at some of the nebulae in which
stars are born.
I wanted to pursue studies
in astronomy and my father was my biggest supporter. Leon Block always
encouraged me to question things, to look beyond the ordinary and to
make up my own mind. After all, we were Jews and that was part of our
tradition as well.
My Jewish Upbringing
Both of my parents' Orthodox Jewish families have their roots in
Lithuania. And we certainly kept to all the traditions as well: My
mother would light the Shabbos candles and we would have a traditional
Shabbos meal together. I went to shul both on Friday night and Saturday.
We kept Pesach. I fasted on Yom Kippur. I was bar mitzvah. We were
practicing Jews. And I did all the things expected of a good Jewish boy.
Actually, I felt that I was doing the best that I knew how to live out
my Jewish faith.
Now that didn't mean that
I was unquestioning when it came to the things of God. On the contrary,
I'd listen in shul as the rabbis expounded how God was a personal God
and how God would speak to Moses, to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob, and
wonder how I fit into all of it. And by the time I entered university I
became concerned over the fact that I had no assurance that God was
indeed a personal God. I did know that he was a historical God and that
he did deliver our people from the hands of Pharaoh. But that seemed far
removed from me in this scientific age. Those were "stories," as it
Where was the personality
and the vibrancy of a God who could speak to David Block? If God is
truly God, I reasoned, then why had he suddenly changed his character?
The seeds of doubt were sprouting.
In order to follow my interest in astronomy I entered the Witwatersrand
University in Johannesburg. I sought a Bachelor of Science degree in
applied mathematics and computer science. As a professional astronomer,
a background in mathematics and statistics was essential.
While still a student, I
was appointed as a "demonstrator" on the staff--in other words, I would
help students with their tutorial problems on a formal basis. And while
a student I also became quite friendly with Lewis Hurst, then professor
of genetics and of medicine. He had a great interest in astronomy, if
only from an amateur point of view, and he asked if I would give him
Week by week, Lewis and I
would sit around the table and I would discuss the complexities of the
cosmos with him and also explain fundamental terms in astronomy such as
"black holes" and "quasars." It was a full but private course I was
The friendship grew and I
started sharing my feelings about the cosmos with him--that it is so
beautiful, that God is so creative, that he's made this stunning world.
I even shared my doubts with him:
"Are we, as Shakespeare
said, just as a 'fleeting shadow to appear and then disappear'? What is
our purpose for living? What's the raison d'etre for being here? Is
there a Designer out there?"
thoughtfully and then spoke, "David, there is an answer to all your
"You know, Lewis, what
does concern me is that the universe is so large, it's so immense. Do we
go anywhere when we die?"
"There's an answer to all
the questions you're asking. Would you be willing--I know you come from
an Orthodox Jewish family--but would you be willing to meet with a dear
friend of mine, the Reverend Mr. John Spyker?"
My parents had taught me
to seek answers where they may be found and so I consented to meet with
this Christian minister. Of course, in my heart, when I had put my
telescope on Saturn, and saw it in all its majesty and splendor--its
rings simply encircling that globe--I just knew that there was a Great
Designer. In fact, I knew there must be a personal God.
The Reverend Mr. Spyker
read to me from the New Testament book of Romansans where Paul says that
Y'shua (Jesus) is a stumbling block to Jewish people, but that those who
would believe in Y'shua would never be ashamed.
Suddenly it all became
very clear to me: Y'shua had fulfilled the messianic prophecies in the
Hebrew Scriptures, such as where the Messiah would be born and how he
was to die. While my people were still waiting for the Messiah, I
suddenly knew that I knew that I knew that I knew that Jesus was the
Messiah and is the Messiah. And I surrendered my heart and my soul to
him that day. That was in October of 1976.
I gave Judaism a chance
and I accepted him who is fully, fully Jewish. Paul, before he believed
in Jesus, was a student of the great rabbi, Gamaliel. He was a Hebrew of
the Hebrews. He had studied. He had examined. Yet, when Paul met the
Master face to face, the Master mastered him. The Master mastered me as
Faith and Science
It might seem strange to some that a scientist and a Jew could come to
faith in Jesus. But faith is never a leap into the dark. It is always
based on evidence. All people believe and all scientists believe. They
don't all believe in a personal God, of course, but each one of us uses
our own measure of faith. Each one of us has a personal world system, a
personal belief system.
As a scientist, I always
think logically and I reason things out. That was how my whole search
for God began. I looked through my telescope at Saturn and said to
myself, Isn't there a great God out there? And when I studied
relativity, relativistic astrophysics, cosmology and all these beautiful
areas of mathematics, they pointed me to the fact that this whole
universe is masterfully made, finely-tuned and controlled by the Great
Designer. The logical next step was to want to meet this Designer
Among astronomers today
there is great theistic sentiment, where even if scientists don't say
Jesus has made the universe, they are coming to the very distinct
conclusion that the universe is not an accident. The "Big Bang" was not
a cosmological firecracker. As the physicist Freeman Dyson put it, the
universe seemed to be acting in anticipation for the appearance of
So it is on the basis of
logic that we can understand that we live in a universe made by a
personal God. It's logic from start to finish.
When it comes to God, many
scientists lean toward assumptions which are philosophically comfortable
to them. For example, in the "Big Bang" universe there is an
unverifiable assumption called the principle of homogeneity, which
asserts that on a large scale there is "no preferred center"--each point
is equivalent in every sense to every other point. This, then, is a
drastic departure from the cozy framework early cosmologists had worked
with in their geocentric universe models.
Let me explain: If we go
back to the 1500s, before the impact of the work of Copernicus, the
worldview of the universe was a geocentric one. The earth was the center
and the sun went around the earth as did all the stars, and to many it
was a very reassuring ideal to adopt. In 1543 Copernicus' De
Revolutionibus was published and we perceived ourselves to be living in
a heliocentric world, (although Ptolemy's earth-centered system was
still taught at Harvard University in the first years after its founding
in 1636). Mankind was dethroned from his central position in the
Many astronomers have gone
to extremes by saying we are simply a "zero" in this large cosmos. After
all, there are 100,000 million stars in our Milky Way galaxy. That can
make us feel very lonely and unimportant in the light of all the
immensity. Yet a simple study shows the opposite is true.
The universe has not
always existed. It had a definite beginning. Our early universe expanded
at just the critical rate to avoid recollapse. Galaxies and stars then
formed, but one must realize that half the stars in the night sky are
members of binary or multiple star systems and are therefore unable to
support life. (No stable planetary orbits could exist around such star
systems.) Of the remaining half there are about 30 parameters which must
be met in order for them to support life. With billions and billions of
stars, it is improbable that all the conditions which must be met for
the existence of life exist elsewhere. I would not be surprised if we
were the only intelligent life species in the entire universe. In fact,
leading evolutionists, such as Dobzhansky and others have agreed that
there has not been enough time for mankind to have assembled
spontaneously within the time span of our universe.
evidence that demands a verdict. And I've examined this evidence, not
from an emotional point of view, but from a logical point of view. We've
got historical evidence that Jesus, the Jew, lived and died and rose
again from the dead. When Albert Einstein was asked by a reporter if he
accepted the historical existence of Jesus, he responded,
"Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual
presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is
filled with such life. I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the
To the person who is
seriously seeking today I would say, read the gospels from an objective
point of view, as Albert Einstein did. As Isaac Newton did. Don't let
your emotions override or cloud your decision.
Seek after truth and don't
let anyone make up your mind for you. It is far too important. It does
matter what you believe.
Dr. David Block is
Professor of Applied Mathematics and Astronomy at the multiracial
University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa. He has a Bachelor of
Science degree in applied mathematics and computer science, a Bachelor
of Science Honors degree in applied mathematics, a Master of Science
degree in relativistic astrophysics and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in
astronomy dealing with "The Morphology of Spiral Galaxies." He has been
a visiting astronomer at the European Southern Observatory near Munich,
West Germany and at the Institute of Astronomy, University of Hawaii. He
resides in Johannesburg with his wife, Liz, who is also a Jewish
believer in Jesus.
Jews for Jesus site
I Escaped from
The Fred Wertheim Story
a Jew comes to believe in Jesus, it not only affects his life
but the lives of those closest to him--his family. This was
certainly the case when Steve Wertheim, the son of a Jewish
immigrant, came to believe in Jesus.
Steve's father, Fred, was born in Germany in 1925. The son of a
baker, he lived in a small village of 2,000 people. The town had
very few Jews, ten families to be exact. Fred, as a young boy,
had to look among the non-Jews for playmates because the only
other Jewish children were his two older sisters and an older
Jewish girl. It didn't bother him to have gentile friends, but
it started bothering them to have a Jewish one.
the time Fred was eight, the Aryan philosophy of Hitler was well
on its way to acceptance by most Germans. Fred's best friends
did not want to play with him anymore. His parents, who were
prospering in the bakery business, held to the illusion that
Hitler would lose his popularity and that things would get
better once again for the Jews. Instead they got worse.
Wertheim family finally decided to leave Germany for America.
However, wanting to leave and getting out of the country were
two different things. Because of immigration quotas, they needed
to apply to the Consulate for clearance. The family had no
papers prepared by a United States citizen for them, and that
made emigration difficult. They were given a number--a very high
one--48,878, which represented the number of people allowed to
come from Germany before them. It would be a while until they
could expect to go.
Meanwhile, on July 2, 1938 Fred became bar mitzvah. He was to be
the last Jewish boy to undergo the ceremony in his district.
Four months later came Kristallnacht. His synagogue, along with
hundreds of others was destroyed. Six days later, it was ordered
that Jewish children be expelled from the schools. At the same
time, Jewish males that were thirteen or older were being
conscripted for "labor camPsalms" Fred was small for his age and
because of his size was overlooked. Before long, entire Jewish
families were being deported to the death camPsalms Yet, for some
mysterious reason, his family was spared. Their immigration
number came up, and in May of 1941 the Wertheims left what had
become Hitler's Germany. They traveled by way of France, Spain
and Portugal and arrived on the shores of what they saw to be
heaven on earth--America.
learned the English language quickly and after having been in
the States only two years, he was drafted into the U.S. Army.
The eighteen-year-old went through basic training and was
shipped out to England. He was then given additional training
and assigned to the First Infantry Division as part of the
combat engineers. This was a front-line unit that was trained to
remove mines or build emergency bridges so others could advance.
Front-line units like Fred's had dangerous duty and high
took part in the invasion of Europe on D-Day. He fought his way
through France and across the Rhine River, ironically, into his
native Germany. Then Fred and some of his fellow Army soldiers
were captured there. Says Fred,
remember they had us lined up. The Germans were talking among
themselves, loud enough for me to hear. Since I understood what
they were saying, my body started to shake. Some of my buddies
started asking me, 'What's happening? How come you're ready to
pass out?' I told them, 'This is the way it's going to be. They
don't know what to do with us and so they're going to shoot
for some reason they changed their minds and took the group to a
prisoner of war camp near Hanover--Stalag 11B. Fred was spared
of the prisoners at Stalag 11B had been there throughout most of
the war and were very weak. Some couldn't even stand up. No work
was assigned to the prisoners, for it would have probably killed
most of them who were in a state of physical debilitation. Each
morning, Fred and the others answered a roll call and then spent
the rest of the day wandering within the boundaries of the high
conditions in the camp were not up to Geneva Convention
standards. The clothes of the prisoners were burned regularly
because they were lice infested. Many had their hair shorn very
short to minimize the infestation. Their breakfast and lunch was
combined into one "meal" which consisted of a tin can filled
with black coffee. In the late afternoon they were given a stew
which contained vegetables and occasionally a few strings of
horsemeat. Fred remembers,
smelled so rotten that I literally held my nose while I was
eating. Once in a while, very late at night, some Germans from
outside the camp would throw food over the fence and run away."
It proved that not all Germans were Hitlerites.
Meanwhile, back in the States, Fred's family had gotten a
telegram delivered by a woman dressed in black. It was from the
War Department saying that Fred was missing in action. Germany
didn't turn over names of prisoners, so his family had no way of
knowing if he was alive.
Eventually the Allied Forces conquered Germany and General
Montgomery's Ninth Division liberated Stalag 11B. Fred first had
to recuperate from tapeworm and other maladies received as a
result of his imprisonment. Then, around Mother's Day of 1945,
he was sent home.
convoy I was in was the first batch of American POW's to get
back to New York City and we got a tremendous welcome--fireboats
and everything. The following Saturday I got a big reception in
the synagogue from the rabbi and the entire congregation."
felt very grateful to be back in a safe place. He couldn't
forget, however, the horrors of war or the miracle of his
preservation. "God has done so many good things for me. He
brought my immediate family out of Germany. He kept me alive in
a prisoner of war camp. And there was the time that I was in a
German halftrack that turned over on top of me. Two Germans lay
dead next to me. The halftrack was so heavy with equipment that
I couldn't move. Then water started to come up as we were
pressed down in a field. I thought my life was over. I said the
Sh'ma and I spoke to God pleading for His help. At that moment,
several of my German captors were able to lift the halftrack and
slide me out from under it. I was safe once again."
"First I escaped from Hitler as a Jewish refugee. Then I was
liberated as an American prisoner of war. But I was never free
until Messiah saved and rescued me."
Fred Wertheim believed in God and felt that God had preserved
him for a purpose. He didn't know what it was, but reasoned that
he should just go on living, that God would show him some day.
Fred married a nice Jewish girl from his synagogue and he and
Laura settled down in the Bronx. They raised two sons and things
were going fine until he got a phone call from his oldest son
Steve. Steve had moved to California after graduating from
college. Fred could not believe his ears, but Steve's words were
clear: "Dad, Mom, I've come to believe in Jesus as the Messiah."
took the news very hard: "After all I had been through, here I
saw my own flesh and blood had turned against me." Fred worked
as a mail carrier, and for weeks after the phone call, he would
just suddenly start crying on his route. People asked him what
was wrong, but he couldn't tell them. He was ashamed to let them
know that his son had become a Christian.
tried to explain to his father that his decision to believe in
Jesus was not intended to hurt Fred. It was a decision based on
conviction--the conviction that Jesus was the Messiah of Israel.
Steve told his father about a Mr. Goldstein who had originally
told him about Jesus. Mr. Goldstein was a Jew for Jesus who
Steve had met and through whose Bible study meeting Steve became
more and more convinced of his spiritual needs and of Jesus'
while depressed over Steve's decision, became angry with Mr.
Goldstein. When Steve told him that Goldstein was coming to New
York and wanted to visit with him, Fred agreed. He said to his
son, "I want to meet the man who did this to you and I want to
kill him. I'm going to throw him off of our terrace!"
Goldstein and his wife visited the Wertheims and instead of a
violent or angry interchange, the two couples discussed things
over coffee and a danish pastry ring.
Mrs. Wertheim, "We asked them many questions. After a while, Mr.
Goldstein pointed out prophecies in the Jewish Bible. I was a
little shocked to see that my husband was very curious to know
Wertheim's curiosity continued past that evening. He started
attending Bible study meetings in New York:
became a very conscientious student. Each week we were asked to
prepare for the next lesson by reading a particular passage from
the Scriptures. One week the assignment was to read the first
letter of John (in the New Testament), but I read the Gospel of
John by mistake. I couldn't put it down. Then, on the morning of
September 29, 1975, I woke up at four o'clock. I saw what was
the outline of a figure standing in the doorway of my bedroom. I
couldn't see a face, but I knew it was Jesus. I was convinced
that he was real and that I wanted him in my life. I knew he was
my Messiah. For me to become a believer, it took a supernatural
event like this one. I know it's not that way for everybody who
believes in Jesus, but that's how it happened to me. I didn't
tell my wife until later in the day."
Wertheim was upset about the news. First her son and now her
husband too! To compound things, their youngest son Robbie,
announced that he too was a believer. He didn't want to say
anything until his father came to believe because he was afraid
that it would be too traumatic an experience for Fred. In
Robbie's words, "I didn't think he could take another one."
could Laura Wertheim take another family member believing in
Jesus? Says Mrs. Wertheim,
was very stubborn. While I felt surrounded by believers, I kept
reminding myself that so many people were killed in the
Holocaust. So many Jews were killed. I couldn't betray my
the Wertheim family went to see a movie called "The Hiding
Place." Laura watched this true story about a Christian woman
and her family in Holland during the war. Says Laura,
showed the suffering this woman went through, yet she kept her
faith in God. It made me see that God was working during the
Holocaust -- through people like this dear woman. Because she
believed in Jesus, she helped Jews -- she had real reason to
hope. I just sat there and wept and sobbed through the entire
next week, she too accepted Jesus as her Messiah. Four years
later, Fred and Laura Wertheim renewed their marriage vows.
Portions of the ceremony follow:
and commitment have come to have a diminished meaning in today's
world. Yet, we can see the true meaning of love and commitment
as we behold Fred and Laura Wertheim, a couple united in God,
showing forth His faithfulness. In a world where pRomansises are
seldom kept and faithfulness is scorned, they stand here to
declare and reaffirm their love for one another.
Jewish tradition, it is considered a blessing and privilege to
be an invited guest at a wedding. To be able to rejoice with a
bridegroom and his bride as they begin a new life together is
something that brings joy to the heart. How much more, then, can
we rejoice with Fred and Laura as we witness the profession of
their continued love. Thirty years ago on the 22nd day of
October of 1949, Fred and Laura were joined under the chupah.
"Today, they reaffirm their vows in our presence. They
rededicate their lives to one another with a new dimension and
depth--that they are joined to God Almighty. He is the center of
their union with one another. Their children have always been
able to recognize the mutual devotion and deep respect that Fred
and Laura have had for each other throughout their marriage.
Yet, when the Wertheims met Jesus their Messiah, their
relationship truly blossomed. The faith that they came to four
years ago has made a good relationship far sweeter. Their
relationship with Jesus increased their capacity to love each
other in the everyday practicalities of their life together.
Their relationship with Jesus increased their capacity to love
"Because God has been so faithful to them, they desire to
publicly declare and demonstrate that faithfulness and have come
today to dedicate their lives afresh in serving Him.
and Laura, God has given both of you much, and the Scriptures
say, 'from everyone who has been given much, much will be
demanded.' However, when God gives us a responsibility, He also
pRomansises to supply what we need to fulfill that which he
requires. We have the great pRomansises of God to rely upon as we
live our lives in Messiah. 'Being confident of this, that he who
began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until
the day of Messiah Jesus' (Philippians 1:6).
"...As they stand before you, the Wertheims wish to reaffirm
their commitment to one another in Jesus and their desire to
reflect God's image together.
'As the days seemed short to Jacob in serving for Rachel, so
have the years seemed that we have shared. Laura, my wife, I
pRomansise you, as a child of God, that I will continue to love and
respect you, honor and uphold you, and give of all that I have
to you. As we continue to walk together in the love of Messiah
Jesus, I pray that we will become a true reflection of the love
and faithfulness Jesus has for the Holy Congregation.'
Laura: 'Fred, throughout our marriage you have been both my
beloved and my friend, the one whom I can fully trust with all
that I am. As a child of God, I pRomansise you, my husband, that I
will continue to love and respect you, honor and uphold you, and
give of all that I have to you. I will faithfully stand with you
and help inspire you, that God's will might be the focus of our
God's love surround you, Fred and Laura, as the mountains
surround Jerusalem; and may that love emanate forth to all who
you touch with your lives. May your next thirty years together
increase your joy and gladness as Messiah reigns in your lives."
|Did you know?
- While the First and Second Temples in Jerusalem were standing, the
Jewish high priest would go out into the Temple court and lay his hands
over the head of the scapegoat, confessing over it the sins of the
people of Israel. Then the goat would be taken outside the city and
released into the wilderness. This symbolized the removal (carrying
away) of the sins from the people of Israel. According to the Talmud, a
scarlet cord was tied around the neck of the scapegoat. The cord was
reported to have turned white as the goat was led away from the city.
The Babylonian Talmud records that for the last forty years before the
destruction of the Second Temple in 70 A.D. - that would have been just
about the time Yeshua (Jesus) was offered up as the final sacrifice -
the scarlet cord around the neck of the scapegoat failed to turn white.
In Yeshua, all our sins are carried away "as far as east is from west"
(Psalm 103:12). Yeshua is not only our High Priest, but He is also the
final sacrifice who takes away our sins.
Because of Yeshua/Jesus's sacrifice, Your Name is
Written in the Book of Life.
Figure the Odds:
Read about the
360 Prophecies Jesus
Learn More from:
Click above to Help Messianic Jews in
Baruch Haba B'Shem
Blessed is He who comes in in the Name of the Lord
They remain fully Jewish, but they have come home to the Lord Yeshua
See this fantastic 8 min 55 sec video that Israeli TV Channel 2 ran on a
Messianic Jewish Congregation in Israel.
See Video of Messianic Jews in
Below from the June 2007 "Bibles for Israel" newsletter:
Recently Israel's main news channel did a segment on Messianic Jews, and
interviewed some of the new Israeli Believers who have come to the Lord.
Some of them have had to hide their faith from their family members for
fear of rejection.
The children of one Messianic family stated that the other children at
school beat them up and call them nasty names which I can't repeat in
One Israeli Believer was relieved of her field duties as an officer in
the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), because of her faith in Yeshua.
However they also interviewed some Messianic Israeli Jews from an elite
combat force in the Israeli Defense Forces, who are not discriminated
for their faith.
Persecution and discrimination depend on how much someone is sharing
their faith in Yeshua and how they are doing it. Let's remember that
Israel is only a democratic state to a degree. It is first and foremost
a Jewish state that does not accept Yeshua (Jesus), and that's why
Israeli Believers have been fired from their jobs solely because of
The news channels' cameras also filmed one of the main Messianic
synagogues in Jerusalem. They interviewed the leader of the congregation
and congregants, showing how Messianic Jews pray freely to Yeshua
(unscripted prayers as Jews in regular synagogue recite prayers from a "siddur"
prayer book). The cameras showed people dancing and singing praises to
It was a positive media report which gave credibility to the Messianic
community in Israel. It also showed footage of Chassidic Ultra-Orthodox
Jews protesting in the southern town of Arad. They were physically
hostile and swearing. They even burned the Believers Bibles (New
My greatest desire is that when we finish running this race we will be
with our Lord Yeshua and partake in the heavenly glory.
Your brother and friend in Yeshua,
P.S. Anyone wishing to help the Messianic Jews in Israel can send what
they can to:
Bibles for Israel / Outreach to Israel, P.O. Box 700, Tulsa, OK
in Canada to: P.O. Box 57233, Station A, Toronto, ON M5W 5M5
Yeshua fulfilled the
awesome Prophecy of the Tzit-Tzit
"But unto you that fear my name shall the
Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings," Malachi
According to Jewish sages and tradition, this
Sun of Righteousness referred to in Malachi's prophecy was
understood to be the Messiah, who would have the power to heal who
ever touched the tzit-tzit (fringes) on his garment.
above of a Tallit with tzit-tzit at the
such as Yeshua/Jesus would have worn
In Yeshua's day, Jewish men wore a simple tunic both at home and at
work. When appearing in public, they would cover their tunic with a
large rectangular cloth which draped over the shoulder and fell to
the ankles. This cloth was called a tallit and served as protection
from cold and rain. Hanging from the end of each of its four corners
(wings) was a tzitzit in obedience to the biblical command. The hem
of this garment is actually made with fringes, or tassels (called
tzitziyot, in Hebrew). These were required to be on the four corners
of all clothing of Jewish men, in accordance with God's instruction.
These tassels were to remind each Jewish man of his responsibility
to fulfill God's commandments in Deuteronomy 22 :12 and
Num.15:37-40. In fact, these tassels are tied into 613 knots to
constantly remind Jewish men of the 613 laws of Moses, of which
there are 365 prohibitions (The "thou shalt not" laws), and 248
affirmations (the "thou shall" laws). The knots also correspond with
the ineffable name of God, the unspoken yod-hey-vav-hey, Yahweh.
The fulfillment of this prophecy by
One of the best known miracles of healing that Yeshua performed was
the occasion when a woman who had suffered from a hemorrhage for
twelve years came up behind him and touched the hem of his garment.
Both Matthew and Mark tell us about this incident below. Mark
further tells us, that wherever the Lord went whomever merely
touched the border of his garment "were made whole".
20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood
twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I
shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her,
he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee
whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
She was expressing her faith in Yeshua as the
Son of Righteousness with healing in His wings.
And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent
all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and
touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his
clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her
blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of
that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that
virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said,
Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in
her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole;
go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or
country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that
they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as
many as touched him were made whole.
Rabbi Yizhak Kadima, 108, discovered a secret in Zechariah 6:11 and
in Ezra 3:2. It is the name of the Messiah. He taught at the
ultra-Orthodox seminary, Nahalat Yitzhak Yeshiva in Jerusalem.
After he died, his son was looking at his manuscripts on his desk, and
came across a written note, "Yarim Ha'am Veyokhiakh Shedvaro Yehoshu
In his writings, he requested that this information be sealed until the
first anniversary date of his death. His son followed through with his
The rabbi's note read of the letter abbreviation of the Messiah's name,
that He will raise the people up and they will know that His Word and
His Law are from God. The rabbi signed the writing in the month of
The rabbi provided proof that the names, Yehoshua and Yeshua are the
same name, from the same Hebrew root of the word, "salvation". This is
documented in Zechariah 6:11 and Ezra 3:2. In Ezra, "Yeshua is the son
of Yohozadak." God's holy name in abbreviation is, "Ho", which is found
in the father's name "Yozadak" and in "Yeshua's" name comparatively.
Finish reading the above: here
The following is a list of prophecies in the
Jewish scriptures that Yeshua fulfilled.
1. Genesis 3:15.....Seed of a
woman (virgin birth).....Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:18-20
2. Genesis 3:15.....He will bruise Satan's head.....Hebrews
2:14, 1 John 3:18
3. Genesis 5:24....The bodily ascension to heaven
4. Genesis 9:26-27...The God of Shem will be the Son of
5. Genesis 12:3...As Abraham's seed, will bless all
6. Genesis 12:7...The
The Promise made made to Abraham's Seed...Galatians 3:16
7. Genesis 14:18...A priest after Melchizedek...Hebrews 6:20
8. Genesis 14:18........A King also........Hebrews 7:2
9. Genesis 14:18...The Last Supper foreshadowed...Matthew
10. Genesis 17:19.......The Seed of Isaac.......Romans. 9:7
11. Genesis 21:12 …Seed of Isaac…Romans
9:7, Hebrews 11:18
12. Genesis 22:8...The Lamb of God promised...John 1:29
13. Genesis 22:18...As Isaac's seed, will bless all
14. Genesis26:2-5..The Seed of Isaac promised as the
15. Genesis 49:10...The time of His coming...Luke 2:1-7;
16. Genesis 49:10.......The Seed of Judah.......Luke 3:33
17. Genesis 49:10......Called Shiloh or One Sent......John
18. Genesis 49:10...To come before Judah lost
19. Genesis 49:10...To Him shall the obedience of the
people be...John 10:16
20. Exodus 3:13,14........The Great "I Am".......John 4:26
21. Exodus 12:5...A Lamb without blemish...1 Pet. 1:19
22. Exodus 12:13...The blood of the Lamb saves Romans
23. Exodus 12:21-27...Christ is our Passover...1
24. Exodus 12:46...Not a bone of the Lamb to be
25. Exodus 13:2…Blessing to first born son…Luke 2:23
26. Exodus 15:2...His exaltation predicted as Yeshua...Acts
27. Exodus 15:11...His Character-Holiness...Luke 1:35; Acts
28. Exodus 17:6...The Spiritual Rock of Israel...1 Corinthians
29. Exodus 33:19...His Character-Merciful...Luke 1:72
30. Leviticus14:11...The leper cleansed-Sign to
priesthood..Luke5:12-14; Acts 6:7
31. Leviticus16:15-17...Prefigures Christ's once-for-all
32. Leviticus16:27...Suffering outside the Camp...Matthew
27:33; Hebrews 13:11, 12
33. Leviticus17:11...The Blood-the life of the
flesh...Matthew 26;28; Mark 10:45
34. Leviticus17:11...It is the blood that makes
atonement...1 John 3:14-18
35. Leviticus23:36-37...The Drink-offering: "If any man
thirst." ..John 19:31-36
36. Numbers 9:12...Not a bone of Him broken...John 19:31-36
37. Numbers 21:9...The serpent on a pole-Christ lifted
38. Numbers 24:8… Flight to Egypt…Matthew 2:14
39. Numbers 24:17...Time: "I shall see him, but not
40. Numbers 24:17-19…A star out of Jacob…Matthew 2:2, Luke
1:33,78, Revelation 22:16
41. Deuteronomy 18:15..."This is of a truth that
42. Deuteronomy 18:15-16..."Had ye believed Moses, ye would
believe me."...John 5:45-47
43. Deuteronomy 18:18...Sent by the Father to speak His
word...John 8:28, 29
44. Deuteronomy 18:19...Whoever will not hear must bear his
45. Deuteronomy 21:13-23…As a prophet…John 6:14; 7:40, Acts
46. Deuteronomy 21:23...Cursed is he that hangs on a
47. Ruth 4:4-9...Christ, our kinsman, has redeemed
48. 1 Samuel 2:10...Shall be an anointed King to the
Lord...Matthew 28:18; John 12:15
49. 2 Samuel 7:12...David's Seed...Matthew 1:1
50. 2 Samuel 7:14a...The Son of God... Luke 1:32
51. 2 Samuel 7:16...David's house established
forever...Luke 3:31; Rev. 22:16
52. 2 Samuel 23:2-4…would be the “Rock”…1 Corinthians 10:4
53. 2 Samuel 23:2-4…would be as the “light of the
54. 2 Kings 2:11...The bodily ascension to heaven
55. 1 Chronicles 17:11...David's Seed...Matthew 1:1; 9:27
56. 1 Chronicles 17:12, 13a...To reign on David's throne
forever...Luke 1:32, 33
57. 1 Chronicles 17:13a..."I will be His Father, He...my
58. Job 19:23-27...The Resurrection predicted...John
59. Psalms 2:1-3...The enmity of kings foreordained...Acts
60. Psalms 2:2...To own the title, Anointed (Christ)...Acts
61. Psalms 2:6...His Character-Holiness...John 8:46; Rev.
62. Psalms 2:6...To own the title King...Matthew 2:2
63. Psalms 2:7...Declared the Beloved Son...Matthew 3:17
64. Psalms 2:7, 8...The Crucifixion and Resurrection
65. Psalms 2:12...Life comes through faith in Him...John
66. Psalms 8:2...The mouths of babes perfect His
67. Psalms 8:5, 6...His humiliation and exaltation...Luke
24:50-53; 1 Corinthians 15:27
68. Psalms 16:10...Was not to see corruption...Acts 2:31
69. Psalms 16:9-11...Was to arise from the dead...John 20:9
70. Psalms 17;15...The resurrection predicted...Luke 24:6
71. Psalms 22:1...Forsaken because of sins of others...2
72. Psalms 22:1...Words spoken from Calvary, "My God..."
73. Psalms 22:2...Darkness upon Calvary...Matthew 27:45
74. Psalms 22:7...They shoot out the lip and shake the
75. Psalms 22:8.." He trusted in God, let Him deliver Him
76. Psalms 22:9......Born the Savior......Luke 2:7
77. Psalms 22:14...Died of a broken (ruptured) heart...John
78. Psalms 22:14,15...Suffered agony on Calvary...Mark
79. Psalms 22:15........He thirsted........John 19:28
80. Psalms 22:16...They pierced His hands and His
81. Psalms 22:17,18...Stripped Him before the stares of
82. Psalms 22:18.....They parted His garments.....John
83. Psalms 22:20,21...He committed Himself to
84. Psalms 22:20,21..Satanic power bruising the Redeemer's
heel.. Hebrews 2:14
85. Psalms 22:22.....His Resurrection declared.....John
86. Psalms 22:27...He shall be the governor of the
87. Psalms 22:31......"It is finished"......John 19:30
88. Psalms 23:1...."I am the Good Shepherd"....John 10:11
89. Psalms 24:3......His exaltation predicted......Acts
1:11; Phil. 2:9
90. Psalms 27:12…Accused by false witnesses…Matthew
26:60,61, Mark 14:57,58
91. Psalms 30:3......His resurrection predicted......Acts
92. Psalms 31:5..."Into thy hands I commit my
93. Psalms 31:11...His acquaintances fled from Him...Mark
94. Psalms 31:13...They took counsel to put Him to
95. Psalms 31:14,15..." He trusted in God, let Him deliver
96. Psalms 34:20.....Not a bone of Him broken.....John
97. Psalms 35:11....False witnesses rose up against
98. Psalms 35:19...He was hated without a cause...John
99. Psalms 38:11.....His friends stood afar off.....Luke
100. Psalms 40:2-5...The joy of His resurrection
101. Psalms 40:6-8....His delight-the will of the
102. Psalms 40:9....He was to preach the Righteousness in
103. Psalms 40:14...Confronted by adversaries in the
104. Psalms 41:9.....Betrayed by a familiar friend.....John
105. Psalms 45:2...Words of Grace come from His lips.. Luke
106. Psalms 45:6...To own the title, God or Elohim...Hebrews
107. Psalms 45:7...A special anointing by the Holy
108. Psalms 45:7,8...Called the Christ (Messiah or
109. Psalms 49-15…His Resurrection…Acts 2:27; 13:35, Mark
110. Psalms 55:12-14...Betrayed by a friend, not an
111. Psalms 55:15...Unrepentant death of the
Betrayer...Matthew 27:3-5; Acts 1:16-19
112. Psalms 68:18...To give gifts to men...Ephesians 4:7-16
113. Psalms 68:18...Ascended into Heaven...Luke 24:51
114. Psalms 69:4...Hated without a cause...John 15:25
115. Psalms 69:8...A stranger to own brethren...Luke 8;20,21
116. Psalms 69:9...Zealous for the Lord's House...John 2:17
117. Psalms 69:14-20...Messiah's anguish of soul before
118. Psalms 69:20..."My soul is exceeding
119. Psalms 69:21...Given vinegar in thirst...Matthew 27:34
120. Psalms 69:26...The Savior given and smitten by
God...John 17:4; 18:11
121. Psalms 72:10,11...Great persons were to visit
122. Psalms 72:16...The corn of wheat to fall into the
123. Psalms 72:17...His name, Yinon, will produce
124. Psalms 72:17...All nations shall be blessed by
125. Psalms 78:1.2...He would teach in parables...Matthew
126. Psalms 78:2b...To speak the Wisdom of God with
127. Psalms 88:8...They stood afar off and watched...Luke
128. Psalms 89:26...Messiah will call God His
129. Psalms 89:27...Emmanuel to be higher than earthly
130. Psalms 89:35-37...David's Seed, throne, kingdom endure
131. Psalms 89:36-37...His character-Faithfulness...Rev. 1:5
132. Psalms 90:2...He is from everlasting (Micah 5:2)...John
133. Psalms 91:11,12...Identified as Messianic; used to
tempt Christ...Luke 4;10,11
134. Psalms 97:9...His exaltation predicted...Acts
135. Psalms 100:5...His character-Goodness...Matthew
136. Psalms 102:1-11...The Suffering and Reproach of
137. Psalms 102:16…Son of Man comes in Glory…Luke 21:24
138. Psalms 102:25-27...Messiah is the Preexistent
139. Psalms 109:4…Prays for His enemies…Luke 23:34
140. Psalms 109:7,8…Another to succeed Judas…Acts 1:16-20
141. Psalms 109:25...Ridiculed...Matthew 27:39
142. Psalms 110:1...Son of David...Matthew 22:43
143. Psalms 110:1...To ascend to the right-hand of the
144. Psalms 110:1...David's son called Lord...Matthew
145. Psalms 110:4...A priest after Melchizedek's
146. Psalms 112:4...His character-Compassionate, Gracious,
et al... Matthew 9;36
147. Psalms 118:17,18...Messiah's Resurrection
assured...Luke 24:5-7;1 Corinthians 15:20
148. Psalms 118:22,23...The rejected stone is Head of the
149. Psalms 118:26a...The Blessed One presented to
150. Psalms 118:26b...To come while Temple
151. Psalms 132:11...The Seed of David (the fruit of His
152. Psalms 138:1-6...The supremacy of David's Seed amazes
kings... Matthew 2:2-6
153. Psalms 147:3,6...The earthly ministry of Christ
154. Psalms 1:23...He will send the Spirit of God... John
155. Proverbs 8:22-23…The Messiah would be from
156. Proverbs 30:4…Declared to be the Son of God…John
3:13, Romans 1:2-4, 10:6-9, 2 Peter 1:17
157. Song of Solomon 5:16...The altogether lovely One...John
158. Isaiah 2:2-4…Repentance for the nations…Luke 24:47
159. Isaiah 4:2…Messiah reigning
160. Isaiah 5:1-6…Son of God’s vineyard: a parable of
161. Isaiah 6:1...When Isaiah saw His glory... John 12:40-41
162. Isaiah 6:9-10...Parables fall on deaf ears...Matthew
163. Isaiah 6:9-12...Blinded to Christ and deaf to His
164. Isaiah 7:14...To be born of a virgin...Luke 1:35
165. Isaiah 7:14...To be Emmanuel-God with us... Matthew
166. Isaiah 8:8...Called Emmanuel...Matthew 28:20
167. Isaiah 8:14...A stone of stumbling, a Rock of
offense... 1 Pet. 2:8
168. Isaiah 9:1,2...His ministry to begin in
169. Isaiah 9:6...A child born-Humanity...Luke 1:31
170. Isaiah 9:6...A Son given-Deity...Luke 1:32; John 1;14;
1 Tim. 3:16
171. Isaiah 9:6...Declared to be the Son of God with
power... Romans. 1:3,4
172. Isaiah 9:6...The Wonderful One, Peleh...Luke 4:22
173. Isaiah 9:6...The Counselor, Yaatz...Matthew 13:54
174. Isaiah 9:6...The Mighty God, El Gibor...Matthew 11:20
175. Isaiah 9:6...The Everlasting Father, Avi Adth...John
176. Isaiah 9:6...The Prince of Peace, Sar Shalom...John .
177. Isaiah 9:7...To establish an everlasting kingdom...Luke
178. Isaiah 9:7...His Character-Just...John 5:30
179. Isaiah 9:7...No end to his Government, Throne, and
180. Isaiah 11:1...Called a Nazarene-the Branch, Netzer...Matthew
181. Isaiah 11:1...A rod out of Jesse-Son of Jesse...Luke
182. Isaiah 11:2...The anointed One by the Spirit...Matthew
183. Isaiah 11:2...His Character-Wisdom, Understanding, et
184. Isaiah 11:4...His Character-Truth...John 14:6
185. Isaiah 11:10...The Gentiles seek Him...John 12:18-21
186. Isaiah 12:2...Called Jesus-Yeshua (salvation)...Matthew
187. Isaiah 16:4,5…Reigning in mercy…Luke 1:31-33
188. Isaiah 22:21-25…Peg in a sure place…Revelation 3:7
189. Isaiah 25:8...The Resurrection predicted...I Corinthians
190. Isaiah 26:19...His power of Resurrection
191. Isaiah 28:16...The Messiah is the precious corner
192. Isaiah 29:13...He indicated hypocritical obedience to
His Word...Matthew 15:7-9
193. Isaiah 29:14...The wise are confounded by the Word...I
194. Isaiah 32:2...A Refuge-A man shall be a hiding
195. Isaiah 33:22…Son of the Highest…Luke 1:32; 1 Timothy
196. Isaiah 35:4...He will come and save you...Matthew 1:21
197. Isaiah 35:5...To have a ministry of miracles...Matthew
198. Isaiah 40:3,4...Preceded by forerunner...John 1:23
199. Isaiah 40:9..."Behold your God."...John 1:36;19:14
200. Isaiah 40:11...A shepherd-compassionate
201. Isaiah 42:1-4...The Servant-as a faithful, patient
202. Isaiah 42:2...Meek and lowly... Matthew 11:28-30
203. Isaiah 42:3...He brings hope for the hopeless... John 4
204. Isaiah 42:4...The nations shall wait on His
teachings... John 12:20-26
205. Isaiah 42:6...The Light (salvation) of the
206. Isaiah 42:1,6...His is a Worldwide compassion...
207. Isaiah 42:7...Blind eyes opened... John 9:25-38
208. Isaiah 42:13-25…Messiah’s actions at His second
209. Isaiah 43:11...He is the only Savior... Acts 4:12
210. Isaiah 44:3...He will send the Spirit of God... John
211. Isaiah 45:23...He will be the Judge... John
212. Isaiah 48:12...The First and the Last...John 1:30;Rev.
213. Isaiah 48:17...He came as a Teacher...John 3:2
214. Isaiah 49:1...Called from the womb-His
215. Isaiah 49:5...A Servant from the womb...Luke 1:31;Phil.
216. Isaiah 49:6...He is Salvation for Israel...Luke 2:29-32
217. Isaiah 49:6...He is the Light of the Gentiles...Acts
218. Isaiah 49:6...He is Salvation unto the ends of the
earth... Acts 15:7-18
219. Isaiah 49:7...He is despised of the Nation... John
220. Isaiah 50:3...Heaven is clothed in black at His
humiliation... Luke 23:44,45
221. Isaiah 50:4...He is a learned counselor for the
weary... Matthew 11:28,29
222. Isaiah 50:5...The Servant bound willingly to
obedience... Matthew 26:39
223. Isaiah 50:6a..."I gave my back to the smiters."...
224. Isaiah 50:6b...He was smitten on the cheeks... Matthew
225. Isaiah 50:6c...He was spat upon... Matthew 27:30
226. Isaiah 52:4-5…Suffered vicariously…Mark 15:3,4,27,28;
227. Isaiah 52:7...To publish good tidings of peace... Luke
228. Isaiah 52:13...The Servant exalted...Acts 1:8-11;
229. Isaiah 52:13...Behold, My Servant... Matthew 17:5;
230. Isaiah 52:14...The Servant shockingly abused... Luke
18:31-34; Matthew 26:67,68
231. Isaiah 52:15...Nations startled by message of the
Servant... Romans. 15:18-21
232. Isaiah 52:15...His blood shed to make atonement for
all... Rev. 1:5
233. Isaiah 53:1...His people would not believe Him... John
234. Isaiah 53:2a...He would grow up in a poor family....
235. Isaiah 53:2b...Appearance of an ordinary man... Phil.
236. Isaiah 53:3a...Despised.... Luke 4:28-29
237. Isaiah 53:3b...Rejected... Matthew 27:21-23
238. Isaiah 53:3c...Great sorrow and grief... Luke 19:41-42
239. Isaiah 53:3d...Men hide from being associated with
Him... Mark 14:50-52
240. Isaiah 53:4a...He would have a healing ministry... Luke
241. Isaiah 53:4b...He would bear the sins of the world... 1
242. Isaiah 53:4c...Thought to be cursed by God... Matthew
243. Isaiah 53:5a...Bears penalty for mankind's
transgressions... Luke 23:33
244. Isaiah 53:5b...His sacrifice would provide peace
between man and God... Col. 1:20
245. Isaiah 53:5c...His back would be whipped... Matthew
246. Isaiah 53:6a...He would be the sin-bearer for all
247. Isaiah 53:6b...God's will that He bear sin for all
mankind... 1 John 4:10
248. Isaiah 53:7a...Oppressed and afflicted... Matthew
249. Isaiah 53:7b...Silent before his accusers... Matthew
250. Isaiah 53:7c...Sacrificial lamb... John 1:29
251. Isaiah 53:8a...Confined and persecuted... Matthew
252. Isaiah 53:8b...He would be judged... John 18:13-22
253. Isaiah 53:8c...Killed.... Matthew 27:35
254. Isaiah 53:8d...Dies for the sins of the world... 1 John
255. Isaiah 53:9a...Buried in a rich man's grave... Matthew
256. Isaiah 53:9b...Innocent and had done no violence...
257. Isaiah 53:9c...No deceit in his mouth... John 18:38
258. Isaiah 53:10a...God's will that He die for mankind...
259. Isaiah 53:10b...An offering for sin... Matthew 20:28
260. Isaiah 53:10c...Resurrected and live forever.... Mark
261. Isaiah 53:10d...He would prosper... John 17:1-5
262. Isaiah 53:11a...God fully satisfied with His
suffering... John 12:27
263. Isaiah 53:11b...God's servant... Romans. 5:18-19
264. Isaiah 53:11c...He would justify man before God...
265. Isaiah 53:11d...The sin-bearer for all mankind...
266. Isaiah 53:12a...Exalted by God because of his
sacrifice... Matthew 28:18
267. Isaiah 53:12b...He would give up his life to save
mankind... Luke 23:46
268. Isaiah 53:12c...Grouped with criminals... Luke 23:32
269. Isaiah 53:12d...Sin-bearer for all mankind... 2 Corinthians
270. Isaiah 53:12e...Intercede to God in behalf of
mankind... Luke 23:34
271. Isaiah 55:1…Every one come who is thirsty…New Testament
272. Isaiah 55:3...Resurrected by God... Acts 13:34
273. Isaiah 55:4...A witness... John 18:37
274. Isaiah 55:5…Foreign nations come to God…Acts
275. Isaiah 59:15-16a...He would come to provide
salvation... John 6:40
276. Isaiah 59:15-16b...Intercessor between man and God...
277. Isaiah 59:20...He would come to Zion as their
Redeemer... Luke 2:38
278. Isaiah 60:1-3…Nations walk in the light…Luke 2:32
279. Isaiah 61:1-2a...The Spirit of God upon him... Matthew
280. Isaiah 61:1-2b...The Messiah would preach the good
news... Luke 4:17-21
281. Isaiah 61:1-2c...Provide freedom from the bondage of
sin and death... John 8:31-32
282. Isaiah 61:1-2...Proclaim a period of grace... John 5:24
283. Isaiah 62:1-2…Called by an new name…Luke 2:32,
284. Isaiah 62:11…Thy King Cometh, Entered Jerusalem on
285. Isaiah 63:1-3…A vesture dipped in blood…Revelation
286. Isaiah 63:8,9…Afflicted with the afflicted…Matthew
287. Isaiah 65:9…The elect shall inherit…Romans 11 5-7,
Hebrews 7:14, Revelation 5:5
288. Isaiah 65:17-25…New heaven/New Earth…2 Peter 3:13,
289. Isaiah 66:18-19…All nations come to God…New Testament
290. Jeremiah23:5-6a...Descendant of David...Luke 3:23-31
291. Jeremiah 23:5-6b...The Messiah would be God... John
292. Jeremiah 23:5-6c...The Messiah would be both God and
Man... 1 Tim. 3:16
293. Jeremiah 30:9…Born a King…John 18:37, Revelation 1:5
294. Jeremiah 31:15…Massacre of infants…Matthew 2:16-18
295. Jeremiah 31:22...Born of a virgin... Matthew 1:18-20
296. Jeremiah 31:31...The Messiah would be the new
covenant... Matthew 26:28
297. Jeremiah 33:14-15...Descendant of David... Luke
298. Ezekiel17:22-24...Descendant of David... Luke 3:23-31
299. Ezekiel 21:26,27…The humble exalted…Luke 1:52
300. Ezekiel34:23-24...Descendant of David... Matthew 1:1
301. Daniel 2:34-35...Stone cut without hands...Acts
302. Daniel 2:44,45...His Kingdom Triumphant...Luke 1:33, 1
Corinthians 15:24, Revelation 11:15
303. Dan. 7:13-14a...He would ascend into heaven... Acts
304. Dan. 7:13-14b...Highly exalted... Ephesians 1:20-22
305. Dan. 7:13-14c...His dominion would be everlasting...
306. Daniel 7:27...Kingdom for the Saints...Luke 1:33, 1
Corinthians 15:24, Revelation 11:15
307. Dan. 9:24a...To make an end to sins... Galatians 1:3-5
308. Dan. 9:24b...He would be holy... Luke 1:35
309. Dan. 9:25...Announced to his people 483 years, to the
exact day, after the decree to rebuild the city of
Jerusalem... John 12:12-13
310. Dan. 9:26a...Killed... Matthew 27:35
311. Dan. 9:26b...Die for the sins of the world... Hebrews
312. Dan. 9:26c...Killed before the destruction of the
temple... Matthew 27:50-51
313. Dan. 10:5-6...Messiah in a glorified state... Rev.
314. Hosea 3:5...Israel restored...John 18:37, Romans
315. Hosea 11:1, Numbers 24:8...Flight to Egypt...Matthew
316. Hosea 13:14...He would defeat death... 1 Corinthians
317. Joel 2:28-32...Promise of the Spirit...Acts 2:17-21,
318. Joel 2:32...Offer salvation to all mankind... Romans.
319. Micah 2:12-13...Israel Regathered...John 10:14,26
320. Micah 4:1-8...The
Kingdom established - place of Birth Bethlehem...Luke 1:33,
Matthew 2:1, Luke 2:4,10,11
321. Micah 5:2a...Born in Bethlehem... Matthew 2:1-2
322. Micah 5:2b...God's servant... John 15:10
323. Micah 5:2c...from everlasting... John 8:58
324. Haggai 2:6-9...He would visit the second Temple...
325. Haggai 2:23...Descendant of Zerubbabel... Luke 3:23-27
326. Joel 2:28-32...Promise of the Spirit...Acts 2:17-21,
327. Amos 8:9...The Sun Darkened...Matthew 24:29, Acts 2:20,
328. Amos 9:11-12...Restoration of tabernacle...Acts
329. Habakkuk 2:14...Earth filled with knowledge of the
glory of the Lord...Romans 11:26, Revelation 21:23-26
330. Zechariah 2:10-13...The Lamb on the Throne...Revelation
5:13, 6:9, 21:24
331. Zechariah 3:8...God's servant... John 17:4
332. Zechariah 6:12-13...Priest and King... Hebrews 8:1
333. Zechariah 9:9a...Greeted with rejoicing in Jerusalem...
334. Zechariah 9:9b...Beheld as King... John 12:12-13
335. Zechariah 9:9c...The Messiah would be just... John
336. Zechariah 9:9d...The Messiah would bring salvation...
337. Zechariah 9:9e...The Messiah would be humble...
338. Zechariah 9:9f...Presented to Jerusalem riding on a
donkey... Matthew 21:6-9
339. Zechariah 10:4...The cornerstone... Ephesians 2:20
340. Zechariah 11:4-6a...At His coming, Israel to have
unfit leaders... Matthew 23:1-4
341. Zechariah 11:4-6b...Rejection causes God to remove His
protection.. Luke 19:41-44
342. Zechariah 11:4-6c...Rejected in favor of another
king... John 19:13-15
343. Zechariah 11:7...Ministry to "poor," the believing
remnant... Matthew 9:35-36
344. Zechariah 11:8a...Unbelief forces Messiah to reject
them... Matthew 23:33
345. Zechariah 11:8b...Despised... Matthew 27:20
346. Zechariah 11:9...Stops ministering to the those who
rejected Him... Matthew 13:10-11
347. Zechariah 11:10-11a...Rejection causes God to remove
protection... Luke 19:41-44
348. Zechariah 11:10-11b...The Messiah would be God... John
349. Zechariah 11:12-13a...Betrayed for thirty pieces of
silver... Matthew 26:14-15
350. Zechariah 11:12-13b...Rejected... Matthew 26:14-15
351. Zechariah 11:12-13c...Thirty pieces of silver thrown
into the house of the Lord... Matthew 27:3-5
352. Zechariah 11:12-13d...The Messiah would be God... John
353. Zechariah 12:10a...The Messiah's body would be
pierced... John 19:34-37
354. Zechariah 12:10b...The Messiah would be both God and
man... John 10:30
355. Zechariah 12:10c...The Messiah would be rejected...
356. Zechariah 13:7a...God's will He die for mankind...
357. Zechariah 13:7b...A violent death... Matthew 27:35
358. Zechariah 13:7c...Both God and man.. John 14:9
359. Zechariah 13:7d...Israel scattered as a result of
rejecting Him... Matthew 26:31-56
360. Malachi 3:1a...Messenger to prepare the way for
Messiah... Matthew 11:10
361. Malachi 3:1b...Sudden appearance at the temple... Mark
362. Malachi 3:1c...Messenger of the new covenant... Luke
363. Malachi 3:3...Our Sins Are Purged...Luke 1:78, John
1:9; 12:46, 2 Peter 1:19, Revelation 2:28; 19:11-16; 22:16
364. Malachi 4:5...Forerunner in the spirit of Elijah...
365. Malachi 4:6...Forerunner would turn many to
righteousness... Luke 1:16-17
And for leap year, you can have Psalm 21 as a Messianic Hymn
and David's praise.
All the Messianic Prophecies of the Bible
|This compendium of all the prophecies in Scripture concerns the
promised Messiah. Dr. Lockyer's discussion is divided into two
sections, "Specific Messianic Prophecies" and "Symbolic Messianic
A Fascinating Look at How Biblical Prophecies Paved the Way for
In this remarkable volume, Dr. Herbert Lockyer examines all the
prophecies in Scripture concerning the promised Messiah, his
ministry, and his message. From the mundane to the mystifying,
you’ll get a close look at how different prophecies portrayed with
stunning accuracy the coming Christ: his ancestry, his birth, his
character, his death and resurrection, and more. Divided in two
sections, All the Messianic Prophecies of the Bible helps you
understand not only "Specific Messianic Prophecies," but also
"Symbolic Messianic Prophecies."
The Jewish New
by David H.
Why is this
New Testament different from all other New Testaments?
Because the Jewish New Testament expresses its original
and essential Jewishness.
The New Testament is a Jewish book--by Jews, mostly
about Jews, and for Jews as well as Gentiles. Its
central figure, the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus), was and is a
Jew. Vicarious atonement, salvation, immersion
(baptism), the new covenant and the very concept of a
Messiah are all Jewish. In sum, the New Testament is
built upon and completes the Hebrew Scriptures.
The Jewish New Testament brings out Jewishness in
- Cosmetically--by using neutral terms and Hebrew names:
"execution-stake," not "cross"; "Ya'akov," not "James."
- Culturally and Religiously--by highlighting Jewish
features: "Chanukkah," not "the feast of dedication"; "tzitzit,"
- Theologically--by correcting mistranslations resulting
from anti-Jewish theological bias; for example, at
Romans 10:4 the Messiah is "the goal at which the Torah
aims," not "the end of the law."
Freshly rendered from the original Greek into enjoyable
modern English by a Messianic Jew (a Jew who honors
Yeshua as the Messiah of Israel), the "Jewish New
Testament" challenges Jews to understand that Yeshua is
a friend to every Jewish heart and the New Testament a
Jewish book filled with truths to be accepted and acted
upon. At the same time, while reaffirming the equality
of Gentiles and Jews in the Messianic Community, it
challenges Christians to acknowledge the Jewishness of
their faith and their oneness with the Jewish people.
Amazon.com in both hardcover and paperback
The Struggle of Messianic
Jews in Israel
by Gary & Shirley
There has always been a remnant of Jews who "kept the
commandments of G-d and kept faith in Mashiach, Yeshua (Jesus)."
They are born Jewish, keep the Jewish traditions and holy days, read
the Jewish scriptures (including the ones written by first century
Jews), and believe in a Jewish Messiah who was prophesied about in
Jewish scriptures. So what's the problem?
The problem is that Israel rejects Jews born of Jewish parents,
simply because they (Messianic Jews) believe Jesus is the Messiah.
These Christ believers are not allowed to become citizens of Israel.
Yet, ironically, pagan Muslims can.
How long will Christian countries go on giving aid to Israel,
while Israel routinely rejects Christian believers (even those of Jewish
descent) from becoming citizens of Israel?
Gary and Shirley Beresford never wanted to be heroes. A
middle-aged Messianic Jewish couple from South Africa, they felt God
calling them to live in Israel, the Promised Land. Wanting nothing
more than to live quietly and grow old together in the country of
refuge for all Jewish people, little did they suspect what events
would follow to try their faith.
The fight to make aliyah, to claim their rightful inheritance in the
Promised Land, became a battle waged not only for themselves, but
for Messianic Jews all over the world who wish to return to the
Jewish homeland. Here is the true saga of the Beresford's journey to
the land of their forefathers.
Includes both a Foreword and a 25-page Appendix on the decades-old
struggle for Messianic Jewish aliyah by Dr. David Stern, translator
and the Jewish New Testament and
Complete Jewish Bible, and author of the Jewish New Testament
Commentary. 208 pages. ISBN:1-880226-56-1
What Israel is doing to its Jewish sons &
daughters who happen to believe that Jesus (Yeshua)
is the Messiah goes against its own
Declaration of Independence, which says:
“The State of
be based on freedom, justice and
peace as envisaged by the
it will ensure complete equality
of social and political rights
to all its inhabitants
irrespective of religion,
race or sex; it will
guarantee freedom of religion,
conscience, language, education
and culture; it will safeguard
the Holy Places of all
In a fall
2007 poll of
Israeli citizens, 81 percent said Israel
should maintain the original wording of the
Law of Return, which states that anyone with
at least one Jewish parent or grandparent,
as well as spouses of the aforementioned,
are entitled to citizenship.
to Catholic, author finds his path a natural one
Once a Jew and now a Roman Catholic, Roy
Schoeman says his spiritual journey
follows much the same transition as
Christianity’s development from the
seeds of Judaism.
“I haven’t converted to another
religion,” he explains. “The Catholic
Church is the continuation of Judaism.
They are one and the same religion — the
thing is the religion changed with the
incarnation (God coming to earth in the
human form of Jesus). It was always
going to change.”
Schoeman, author of “Salvation Is From
the Jews: The Role of Judaism in
Salvation History From Abraham to the
Second Coming,” will speak during the
Arizona Marian Conference Aug. 24-26 at
Doubletree Scottsdale Paradise Valley
Resort. His talk to a Catholic audience
is titled “Witness Testimony and God’s
Plan for the Jews.”
Raised in a Conservative Jewish family
where both parents fled Nazi Germany,
Schoeman received solid Jewish
instruction. His hometown spiritual
leader was Rabbi Arthur Hertzberg, a
foremost American Conservative rabbi,
and his religion teacher was Rabbi
Arthur Green, who would head the
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College.
And for several months, he lived in
Israel with Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach, the
late famed Hasidic rabbi, singer and
well-traveled songwriter and teacher.
“Growing up, I was quite devout about my
religion,” he said. Schoeman enrolled in
Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
where he encountered a “very
intellectually arrogant attitude that
'we know better than to believe in God,
and we have scientific explanations for
everything.’ He went on to earn an MBA
at Harvard Business School and later
joined the faculty. During those years,
he said, “I basically fell into sin. I
adopted the kind of normal ’70s college
lifestyle, and under those influences, I
basically lost my faith.” He regarded
himself as a Jewish agnostic.
Schoeman said his life hit bottom.
“There was no meaning and purpose to
life, and there was nothing more to look
forward to,” he recalls. Then while
walking on an empty beach in 1987, he
suddenly felt God’s love and presence.
It triggered a deep quest to pursue
knowing God. The following year, he had
a long dream in which the Virgin Mary
spoke with him and answered questions.
He ended up realizing it was Christ who
had come to him in the beach encounter —
“and that I was now a Christian,”
Schoeman recounts on his
“This completely consumed me when it
happened.” He left teaching and devoted
himself to writing and speaking about
bridging the two monotheistic faiths.
With his realizations, Schoeman studied
theology at several seminaries, began
hosting a talk show on a Catholic TV
network and wrote two books, his latest,
“Honey From the Rock: Sixteen Jews Find
the Sweetness of Christ.” He explains
that his book, “Salvation Is From the
Jews,” sought to help Christians hold a
deeper understanding of Judaism as both
a religion and “a central component of
Christian salvation.” It seeks to show
the “importance which Judaism has as
God’s own religion and the unique and
central role it has in the destiny of
all of creation.”
Schoeman acknowledges that it is “least
common” for Jews to choose Catholicism
when opting to become Christians.
“Over the past few decades, the Catholic
Church has tremendously backed off of
anything which hints at the
evangelization of the Jews,” he said.
“This wasn’t always the case. There used
to be various organizations in the
Catholic Church to evangelize the Jew,
to pray for the conversion of the Jews.”
But in wake of the Holocaust, in which
the Vatican was faulted for being silent
and even abetting the Nazis, the Jewish
community grew more resistant to
Christian evangelization, he said.
“They obviously see it as a threat,”
Schoeman said. “They see it as an
apostasy and a threat to honoring God,
but they also see it as a threat to
their community and their integrity.”
The church “backed off” from such
recruitment and is saying “such
ridiculous things that the church has no
mission to the Jews” or “there is no
reason for Jews to enter the church” or
“they already have their original saving
covenant with God and they don’t need
Christianity,” he said.
Schoeman said he grew up hearing the
“black legends around the Catholic
Church,” including those related to the
Inquisition, torturing of Jews and the
Holocaust. “I had a negative attitude to
all of Christianity, but particularly to
the Catholic Church. It was like the
epitome of the enemy.”
There are no easy answers as to why Jews
have rejected Jesus as the Messiah, he
said, but it’s known that a sizable
number of them became Christians in the
period after his death.
“Obviously the story told in the Gospels
to Jewish authorities, by and large, was
very hostile to the claims of Jesus, in
part, because of their own selfish
motives, the position they were trying
to protect,” he said. Schoeman pointed
to Romans 11, that “God cast a veil over
the eyes of the Jews so they would not
recognize Jesus until the full number of
the Gentiles come into the church and
then they will raise the veil from the
eyes of the Jews, and they, too, will
In his “ideal world,” he said, “Jews
would convert to Christianity because
basically, every Jew who ends up in
heaven will have converted to
Christianity by definition. There is no
heaven without Christ.”
“God will bring about the conversion of
the Jews at the right time — we know we
are to do everything we can” in keeping
with the “Great Commission” to make
disciples by taking Christ’s message to
all ends of the earth, Schoeman said.
He supports the work of Jews for Jesus,
a Messianic Jewish group strongly
criticized by the Jewish community.
“They find problems with me, I don’t
find problems with them,” he said.
“I love the Jews for Jesus because they
are doing what I want to do, which is to
share the good news with my fellow Jews.
They are burning with the zeal to bring
other Jews to the joy, the fulfillment
and the knowledge of God, which they
have because they recognized Jesus the
Schoeman emphasizes that the Catholic
Church has evolved from Judaism’s
liturgical heritage. “The very first
Mass was a Passover Seder” and “mirrors
the structure of the Jewish liturgy to
“So it isn’t as if I had become Buddhist
or something. It is not apples and
oranges. It is a nature progression and
evolution,” he said.
Spirit and Light.
See Bible references
Jesus as God also.
The same substance & light as the Father.
See the list of 365 Messianic
Prophecies that Jesus fulfilled, here
|See the most profound Video
you will ever see. Only 15 min. The only way to
get to Heaven. See here
Rambsel is a lifelong
student of the Hebrew
scriptures. He converted to
Christianity over fifty
years ago, and is now a
pastor of a Messianic
congregation in San Antonio,
EXAMPLE OF Equal Distant Spacing:
Yeshua=Jesus in Hebrew
example shows: Jesus/Reverse-(OVSY)
being spelled out at a spacing of 12
characters in Genesis 50:22-23:
See other Bible
Codes and info
BELOW IS Some of YACOV's
"Suffering Servant" data
from earlier book: "His Name is Jesus"
novice - it is important to note
that the proximity to passages --
and how germane this is -- is
beginning to startle even
It's very significant that the
below were found in a very relevant
area of Isaiah known as the
"Suffering Servant" passages.
Marys were standing at the
The evil Roman city
Caiaphas, High Priest
Annas, High Priest
Let Him be crucified
Lamp of the Lord
From the Atonement Lamb
Some Other Statements
found in this same "Suffering Survent" Cluster:
from above, my mighty name arose upon Jesus,
and the clouds rejoiced,"
day for Mary,"
his name as he commanded, Jesus is the way,"
of Jesus, he is risen indeed,"
2 STARTLING FINDS-
In the "Suffering
Servant" passage of Isaiah 53 where we read:
wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised
chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with
stripes we are healed"
Rambsel found: Every 12th Letter in
IS MY NAME"
The Genesis Factor
also in the same chapter, along with seventy-
four of the names, places, and events of the
time period of Jesus of Nazareth!
- "Yeshua Is My Name"
read more at Grant R.
A Startling Bible Code Find
(Jesus the Gift)
"Who hath ascended up
into heaven or
descended? Who hath
gathered the wind in His
fists? Who hath bound
the waters in a garment?
Who hath established all
the ends of the Earth?
What is His name, and
what is His son's name,
if thou canst tell?"
What is His son's name?
Starting with the first
yod, counting every 22nd
letter spells – you
guessed it – Yeshua
shai, which means "Yeshua,
Yeshua means Jesus in
Hebrew. What's left to
Jeffrey's posted Comment at his
has made an astonishing discovery
that God has encoded the names of
Jesus and virtually everyone else
that was involved in the tragic
crucifixion of Christ over seven
hundred years before the event. He
found the encoded names of Jesus,
the Nazarene, Messiah, the three
Marys, the two high priests, Herod,
Pilate, and many of Christ's
disciples in one small prophetic
passage - Isaiah 53 - the greatest
messianic prophecy in the Old
Testament. Furthermore, these names
were encoded in Isaiah's prophecy in
740 b.c., more than seven centuries
before Jesus was born. Can any
unbiased observer of this evidence
honestly claim that these codes
refer to anyone other than Jesus of
These Hebrew codes do
not contain any hidden
theological or doctrinal
Trying to tell the
future in any form is
strictly forbidden in
Holy Scripture. Only
search the past with
The phenomenon of the Hebrew codes
has nothing to do with numerology.
Numerology has been defined by the
authoritative Webster's Dictionary
as "the study of the occult
significance of numbers." There are
no secret sentences, detailed
messages, or sentences about
theology in the encoded words. God's
message of salvation and His
commandments for holy living to
humankind are found only in the open
words of the Scriptures.
Must be a Christian to be Saved!
References for this is found in John
14:6; Acts 4:12, and 26:28; 1 Peter
4:16. One cannot be a Christian
without verbally confessing the
deity of Jesus the Christ. One
cannot even pray to God, let alone
have sins remitted by Him, without
approaching Him through Jesus (John
14:6 and 13, 15:16; 16:23-24; Romans
5:2, and Ephesians 2:18).
I know Muslims and Mormons,
Christian Scientists, Jehovah
Scientologists, Jews, Muslims,
Buddhists, Hindus, Seventh Day
Adventists -and many others - will
not want to hear this, but the Bible
declares that Jesus was the FINAL
revelation of God to man (Hebrews
1:1-3). There have been no others.
Dome of the Rock is the "Abomination of Desolation"
A real prophet's 2550+ year old prophecy hits a
1290 & 1335
days of Daniel
you won't put this book down
|Supernatural proof the true God of
the Bible and prophecy (Yahweh/Jehovah/I am/Jesus)
considers Islam as an evil pagan religion. He is disgusted
with those monstrosity's on the Temple Mount. And
proof we are in the “end of days”.
The Dome of the Rock is the
"Abomination of Desolation" of the prophet
Daniel's 1290 "day" prophecy. When the pagan Islamic
Dome of the Rock and the al-Aksa Mosque were built on the temple mount,
it made the temple mount "desolated" or
During Daniel's day, we
know that Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the First
Temple in 586 BC. We also know from
Jeremiah that sacrifices occurred on the temple
mount for some years after it was destroyed.
Dome of the Rock is
revelation of God
1290 & 1335 days of
an evil pagan
Daniel 12:11 "And from the time that
The "abomination of
desolation" already happened exactly on
schedule (Daniel's 1290 day prophecy).
When the pagan Islamic Dome of the Rock and the
al-Aksa Mosque were built on the temple mount,
it made this holy place "desolated" or
contaminated. This was built
during the 685 to
705 AD period.
formula for changing old testament 360 day
years into our 365.24 day solar years is: x
Daniel gave 2 numbers. The 2nd number 1335 -
is the "double check," or checkSUM number: Subtract this figure
from 1948 when Israel was reborn after 2500
years and then multiply it by .9857 and you get another significant year for
the Jews, Christians and all of western
This figure plops exactly onto the year the
false prophet, Muhammad
of Islam died, and was lowered
into a grave in Medina.
A little after midday of 8 June, 632, the 62
year old Muhammad died in the house of his wife A'isha
who he married when she was 6 (or 7) years old.
Muslim historians back to the early 800's A.D. tell
us that Muhammad consummated his marriage with
when she was only 9 - when he was in his
50's. See the Muslim references for this:
You may ask about the Lord's
Olivet discourse on Daniels' prophecy in Matthew 24.
See Ellis Skolfield's excellent answer
Read this free ebook by Ellis Skolfield
about the above.
It's called, "The False Prophet".
Terrorist or Prophet?"
know from Muslim historians themselves
that any Muslim claim to anything in
Jerusalem is made up.
|Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiya
(638-700 AD), a close
relative of Muhammad, is
quoted denigrating the
notion that Muhammad ever
set foot on the Rock in
Jerusalem; "these damned
Syrians," by which he means
the Umayyads, "pretend that
God put His foot on the Rock
in Jerusalem, though [only]
one person ever put his foot
on the rock, namely
If you are having a problem with
Daniel's prophecy of the "abomination of
Desolation" vis-à-vis our dear Lord's
Olivet discourse in Matthew 24, see the
80 year old author's (Ellis Skolfield)
excellent answer at his web site:
Read online: "The False Prophet"
Read about the Christian & Jewish
Martyrs crying out to the Lord for
Terrorist or Prophet?"